Title

My Joys, Trials, and Lessons in Motherhood

Monday, August 8, 2011

Formula? Yes, please!

We spent a great week in Myrtle Beach with my brother, his girlfriend, her family, and my high school friend. I’m not sure why I packed a book and my ipod, as if I would be relaxing on the beach with 4 kids!! My ipod never came out and I read two pages of my book in the 4 days we spent on the beach (I’m sure I’ll need to reread those pages!).

Before we left for the beach I called the Enfamil rep I had met in Publix (have no idea what I’m talking about? Read my previous post). I debated for several days about calling him. We needed to buy more formula and he had offered to give us some, but I was really struggling with my pride about taking him up on that. Finally, I decided that this was God’s way of blessing our family and that I needed to give him a call. I left a message and waited.

Several days later I received his call-he had been out of town. He said he would gladly drop some formula off at my house and that when I was half way through the formula to call him back and we’d arrange another drop off. I came home to 7 cases of 6 cans! He gave me 42 cans of Enfamil formula! I’m not sure why I’m surprised that my God would follow through on a man’s promise. I feel so blessed and stand amazed that my God continues to provide for our family above and beyond what we ASK and THINK!

Since our Publix meeting I find myself thinking completely different. When I had my children all dressed up like little cows for our FREE chick-fil-a lunch and my car wouldn’t start….I found myself thinking I know this will work out. My God is providing formula for my daughter through a “chance” meeting, He’s going to take care of us. When our income was lower in July than it has been in awhile, I didn’t find myself stressed, panicked, or at my wit’s end. I found strength and peace in God’s Word and what He had done previously in our family. I’m excited to see what He has in store for us and even more excited that my children are watching our needs be met through just prayer!

"I, the LORD, am your God, Who brought you up from the land of Egypt; Open your mouth wide and I will fill it.” Psalm 81:10


2 comments:

  1. AMEN!! AMEN!! AMEN!!! I have story after story like this that God has blessed Tim and I beyond our wildest dreams! Our flesh can be so strong at times...but thankful for a loving God who still blesses even when we doubt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this! This is such a good reminder to me as we're doing the one-income thing for the first time. Thanks for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete