Title

My Joys, Trials, and Lessons in Motherhood

Friday, May 6, 2011

What is a Mom?


A Mother Is…

*able to function on minimal sleep

*has the ability to turn a frown upside down

*addicted to coffee to help us function

*a nurse for all boo-boos, scrapes, insect bites, and heartaches

*a taxi to sports practice and games

*the paparazzi

*beams over our child’s latest accomplishments

*a referee

*the champion of multi-tasking

*a family planner

*is burdened for her children’s soul

*is a prayer warrior over her children’s future and their hearts

*loves them more than they will ever know (until they become a parent themselves)

I never understood the discipline, restrictions, or deep love my mom had for me until I became a parent myself. I am thankful for my mom who raised me to love and fear my God. My father was in the military so there were many months (up to a year) that she was by herself with us. She never complained about how hard it was to be alone with 3 little kids. She just continued along in her duty of motherhood. She is a prayer warrior and has a verse on her lips for each of our trials. I am grateful my children call her “Grandma”. Mom, I love you and appreciate everything you have done for me!

I hope you feel loved and honored this Mother’s Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment