Title

My Joys, Trials, and Lessons in Motherhood

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

It's A New Year!

Happy New Year! I love when a New Year starts, I’m glad to say goodbye to the past and hello to the future. Of course, like everyone else I’m all motivated to start new things, but this year I’ve given up on those resolutions before they were ever made. Who keeps those things anyway? I made 3 goals…yes only 3. My goals for 2012 are to love my God more, love my husband more, and love my children more. Seems easy right? Well if you could only see the little bullets of the “how” I had made under those 3 goals. I’ve set up 3 major goals and then have little goals under those to get me through to my big goal.

I don’t know about you but 2011 flew by. I was thinking back and it’s not as if I had a lot going on that it flew by it just did! With each passing year they seem to go faster, I get older, and my kids get older-I’m a fan of neither. So one of my little bullets under the goal of Love My Children More I wrote “SLOW DOWN”. It’s a well known fact, that I enjoy being on the go, staying busy, and jam packing my day full. God has shown me that I need to SLOW DOWN. I want to make more memories with my kiddies, make more conversation with them, and teach them more of the God we love and serve!

More than anything I want to remember their sounds. The sound of babygirl’s bare feet running across the floor, Reeciebun’s sweet voice, Turk’s singing in the back of the car at the top of her lungs, and my big guy’s voice, that will soon be changing . I don’t want to wish away the moments of changing babygirl’s diaper, brushing Reeciebun’s hair, or helping the big kids with school, because I know if I blink long enough it will just be Jason and I at this house.

I feel so blessed that I’m able to stay home with my children. I feel so blessed that I’m able to home school my children (on the tough days I have to remind myself that this IS a blessing), I feel so blessed at how God has put our little family together. On that note, I have a sweet 4 year old tugging on me to do a puzzle with her and my Turk needs help with her English so I don’t have a cute fancy ending-except that I hope you enjoy the little moments with your children, husband, family. Cherish them.

One of those busy days, I just didn't get around to changing her diaper. She didn't seem to care.


"Cherish the moment, soon you'll be a part. Cling to the memory, clasp it to your heart. Soon comes the day when you'll have no child to hold. So, cherish, cherish the moment."

-Ron Hamilton

No comments:

Post a Comment