Title

My Joys, Trials, and Lessons in Motherhood

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

A Picture is Worth Five Thousand Dollars

I’ve never won anything. I’ve had friends that have won trips, cruises, and cash. I’ve never even won a raffle drawing.

Several months ago, I received a link from a friend of mine. It was a contest. The idea was to buy a “Your Way Spinbrush” and decorate with your child and upload a picture. It seemed pretty easy. Oh, and the grandprize was $5000.00. So I loaded the kids up in the car headed to the store and with my coupon and savings card spent $1.08 on this $6.00 toothbrush. Reeciebun decorated the Spinbrush-with my help of course and I started laying out what I would use for my background.

After several different placements and lots of input from two dear friends, I submitted my picture. A few weeks later we found out we had won. What an amazing feeling! The kids were more excited then I was. I wish I could say we were able to buy this or makeover that but we just lived. The very first thing we did was put new tires on the van-that was extremely necessary. We saved for the days when Jason’s work was slow.

I’m beyond thankful for the selflessness of two friends that entered this contest with me. Who helped me tweak my picture and celebrated with us. I continue to stand amazed that God continues to meet our family’s needs in ways we would NOT expect. That’s just how incredible He is.

February’s Family Fun magazine has a picture of our entry and I’ve attached it below.

Here's a better copy. Maybe I'll just frame it and hang it in the girls room as a reminder!

Go ahead-throw your name in that raffle, you never know you just might win something!

No comments:

Post a Comment